Friday, September 30, 2005

Derek Jeter

Normally I AM one big time racist asshole. Show me someone who has a black dad and a white mom and I will show you one ugly human being who odds are comes from a home where there is no guidance and who behaves like a street rat. There are some things that just dont mix and that is black and white people having children. If I was a proud black man, I wouldnt want my child marrying a white person and reproducing in the same way if my daughter tells me she is going to marry a black man, I would be really upset.

That being said, I am a big Derek Jeter fan. Im not a Yankees fan but this is a guy I root for. There is nothing better then someone who is professional in every aspect of his life and who appreciates what he has and how he was raised. Give his parents credit for helping raise him properly. They are the exception rather then the rule in my opinion. Watching that 60 minutes interview last week was impressive. The guy does everything right all while being under the biggest sports microscope in baseball.

His personality is not really that much different then teammate Alex Rodriquez, but he is likeable because he wins with humility, is a great player, but not a superstar, and while well paid, hasnt had to deal with the criticisms that the best players on earth have to put up with which is why havent they won anything. Derek has been winning almost every year since he was a rookie. Our society loves people who do things in the clutch and Derek has done it. Therefore the jealousy is going to be at a minimum. So why do people not like Alex? Jealousy is a bitch as Derek is not half the baseball player Alex is and that says alot. I am an Alex Rodriquez fan too.

There arent many people who I would openly say I would like to be, but this is a guy who lives a life we all dream of. Keep doing what you do Derek, because you do it all at a standard very few on this earth even think of approaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home